Saturday, March 24, 2012

happy union

I thought this was a joke when I first saw the image. Like, photoshopped and put on the internet kind of "joke." Turns out the brand Madhouse really did put this on their tag. What's really sad to me personally is how many men I've known who never learned to do laundry until they went to college (I taught my boyfriend AND his roommate at my first college), and I'm sure I know some full grown men, parents or grandparents perhaps, who never learned to do laundry because their mothers did it for them until their wives did. I like doing laundry, personally. My father does most of the laundry in our home, and I have to hide my hamper from him because I actually WANT to do my own haha This is not funny as I'm sure it was intended to be. I got particularly steamed (no pun intended) when I read the comments left on the blog where this image was posted. I'll just let you see for yourself.

Sexist trousers blog entry

I would like to shake this woman's hand, and then I would hope we could use those hands to smack some of the commentators.

1 comment:

  1. It's hard to believe this tag was created in the 21st century!

    ReplyDelete