Sunday, April 15, 2012

*facepalm*

 

I didn't know if this was a joke or not when I first saw it.
I don't know if I can write 150 words analyzing it... it pretty much does it on its own.
So, why isn't it for women? And what's wrong with just Diet Dr. Pepper? Do you need 10 calories when you're shooting guns and jumping in jeeps in the jungle, but only 10 so that you don't get fat off of the other 150 or so that are in regular Dr. Pepper?
I'm just... confused? Offended? Shocked? I don't get it.
And WHY IS THIS STILL ON THE AIR?!
NEDA had Yoplait stop running an entire ad campaign because all of the commercials were so eating disordered. I'm pretty sure there are enough women around who are offended by this to petition it off the air. I think that's what surprises me more than anything - it's so normal and fine to be sexist that things like this are just scoffed at but accepted. That's worse than the profoundly in-your-face sexism.

1 comment:

  1. It IS sad that sexism is such an accepted part of our culture, especially of advertising. It seems like this ad is maybe mocking men/men's movies? What do you think about that?

    ReplyDelete